At Ferraro’s, we’re proud to put a refreshingly modern spin on classic Italian food, serving authentic old-world Italian recipes crafted from fresh, premium ingredients at our convenient Las Vegas restaurant. But as any true lover of Italian cuisine knows, it’s not just about the food – the wine is half the fun. To help you experience all that the world Italian cuisine and wine culture have to offer, here’s our expert opinion on the top food & wine pairings for Italian food.
Best Italian Wine & Food Pairings
Looking for the best way to enjoy the flavors of Italy? No Italian meal is complete without a glass of rich, delicious Italian wine. Here are our recommendations on the best ways to pair Italian food with Italian wine, organized by some of our own favorite dishes off our extensive menu:
- Fritto Misto: This delicious starter of fried squid may be seafood, but there are some heavy-hitting flavors to contend with. We’d recommend Fiano di Avellino Feudi di San Gregorio 2016, which carries enough brightness to cut through the oils.
- Pesto Trenette: If you’re looking for a pairing for this classic Italian pesto pasta, we’d advise a Banfi Vermentino 2016. This crisp, high-mineral white is the perfect complement to the richness of the pesto.
- Filetto di Manzo: While this may be a steak, tenderloins are lean enough that they won’t overpower a red with softer tannins. Try a Barbaresco, from Produttori Del, Barbaresco 2015, and as always, you can’t go wrong with a Brunello Ciacci 2013. Rosso Veneto Grion 2015 is unbeatable, but a Braida Montebruna Barbera d’Asti 2016 can also pair nicely.
- Salmone: This deliciously healthy fish is made for a light red. A Pinot Noir is unbeatable, but an oak-aged Chardonnay can also pair nicely.
- Tiramisu: No Italian meal is complete without dessert. Accompany it with light champagne that’s not too dry for a truly sensational finish to your meal.
Make a Reservation at Your Las Vegas Italian Restaurant
These are a few of our top recommendations for Italian food and wine pairings, but there’s so much more to explore and discover. Taste everything that the world of Italian cuisine can offer and make a reservation at our Italian restaurant and bar, located right off the Vegas strip. Our expert waiters will help you choose the perfect wine to go with every dish for an Italian culinary experience you’ll never forget!